My comments to some specific queries on UNESCO's guiding principles for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) for 2016-21, shared at the recently conducted (28 September to 3 October 2015) online meeting to suggest UNESCO’s TVET strategy for 2016-2021.
What do you think should be the guiding principles of UNESCO's TVET strategy for 2016-21?
- Industry-academia linkage
- Participation of industry in the entire life-cycle of TVET programmes
- Consolidation of best practices and facilitation of adoption
- Flexibility of learning
- Assured mobility of students from 'the institute to the industry'
- Horizontal and vertical linkages to other streams of education
What should be the key high level aims of TVET? What should be it's vision for the future?
For the industry by the industry
What specifically do you think UNESCO's role(s) should in developing TVET in, and for, the future?
- Convergence of efforts and resources
- Facilitation of industry participation
- Facilitate an enabling environment for standardization
- Facilitation of trans-border collaboration
- Encouraging the production of related OER and its popularization