Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP) of Higher Education Department, Government of Kerala organizes a two day workshop ‘S-PARK; Spare a Thought’ on 20th and 21st June 2014 to solicit creative inputs from Skill Training Service Providers on the facilities required for effective skill training in various sectors and to quantify them in relation with batches of students for developing the design of Community Skill Parks (CSPs).
The ASAP plans to set up modular training centres with state-of-the-art facilities with the name ‘Community Skill Parks (CSP)’ in Kerala and run it with the support of industry with the objectives of:
- 1Development of local communities with job orientation & placement services
- Industry led classes with superior infrastructure, Stringent Quality Control Mechanisms for skill training with the support of modern technologies
- Offer management consultancy to Govt./Public Sector agencies on project management, project evaluation and HR management
- Facilitation of placement for ASAP and Community College Students in Collaboration with the industry
- Extend state of the art facilities for off campus classes/seminars to the nearby Schools and Graduate Colleges
The workshop shall be very useful for the training industry as it will result in collaborative development of training facilities that will further enhance the state support, effectiveness, employer industry relations and scope of the training industry; in short, a skill training ecosystem having high standards and demands.
The discussions and other activities in the workshop shall be based on the following four major themes:
- 1Precision equipment courses
- IT based courses
- Heavy machinery related courses
- Activity based courses
Training Service Providers, Training Managers, Researchers, Planners etc are the targeted stakeholder group for the workshop. Interested firms and individuals can register for the workshop at http://asapkerala.gov.in/index.php/s-park Further details are also available on the website.